Many of you know I’m a big fan of the e-learning challenges posted each week in the community. The intent is to get you to think about different ways to see the tools, be inspired by other examples, and practice using the software to learn new production tips.
I am always impressed with the diverse ideas that are demonstrated each week by both experienced and novice developers. On occasion I like to feature specific participants because they do really nice work and offer some creative ideas.
Today, I’d like to feature Andrzej Jabłoński. He really comes up with some interesting ideas and he often shares the files so that you can learn how he created what he did. This is the spirit of community in action. Here are a few of his recent challenge entries.
E-Learning Example: Leadership Template
This is one of my favorite demos in all of the challenges. There’s an elegance to the template structure and playfulness with the subtle animations. And yet, because he started with an existing graphic, it’s relatively easy to build something similar, especially for the person with minimal graphic design skills who has to work with stock imagery.
E-Learning Example: Paper Cutout Effect
I love the visuals in this one and the depth created with the paper cutout look. He always does a nice job with the animations in his demo and this one features some moving next buttons and bring content in and out of the screen.
E-Learning Example: Meet the Team Interaction
Great use of the flashcard effect with really nice animations. There are a lot of interesting production tips to glean from this demo.
E-Learning Example: Space Game Navigation
This mimics an older arcade style game. This is a great demo to deconstruct so you can learn more about working with keyboard-based navigation. And there’s an off/on audio toggle.
E-Learning Example: Miscellaneous
These are great activities to build familiarity with content, especially imagery or terms. They’re simple game activities, but can be sued effectively in many e-learning course contexts.
Andrzej is just one of the many talented e-learning developers who regularly participate in e-learning challenges. I’ll feature more in the future.
Hopefully, you’ll be inspired to participate and share some of your own ideas. If not, at least make it a point to check them out each week to see what people share. And take advantage of the free tips and downloads that you can use to learn and build your own courses.
Are there any recent challenge entries you’ve enjoyed?
Download the fully revised, free 63-page ebook: The Insider's Guide to Becoming a Rapid E-Learning Pro
Upcoming E-Learning Events
Coming to Australia and New Zealand.
- We're doing two different tours. The same workshop but in five different cities: Sydney, Auckland, and Christchurch in 2019 with Brisbane and Melbourne in early 2020. Choose the one closest to you. Details below.
August 14 & 15 (Seattle). Articulate Roadshow: Learn more and register here.SOLD OUT!
- September 9 & 10 (Sydney). Articulate Roadshow: Learn more and register here.
- September 12 & 13 (Auckland). Articulate Roadshow: Learn more and register here.
- September 16 & 17 (Christchurch). Articulate Roadshow: Learn more and register here.
- November 4 (Manchester, UK). Articulate Roadshow: Learn more and register here (early bird ends October 4).
- November 5 & 6 (London, UK). Articulate Roadshow: Learn more and register here (early bird ends October 4).
- November 8 (Edinburgh, UK). Articulate Roadshow. Details coming soon.
- April 20 & 21 (Brisbane). Articulate Roadshow: Learn more and register here.
- April 23 & 24 (Melbourne). Articulate Roadshow: Learn more and register here.
Free E-Learning Resources
Want to learn more? Check out these articles and free resources in the community.
Here’s a great job board for elearning, instructional design, and training jobs
Participate in the weekly elearning challenges to sharpen your skills
Lots of cool elearning examples to check out and find inspiration.