Jan 31st 2019 will remain as a day to remember for both myself and Pooja Jaisingh as it is the day our second book has been published by Packt Publishing.
You can grab your copy (eBook or print copy) from
“Mastering Adobe Captivate 2019” is the fifth edition of the “Mastering Adobe Captivate ” series and the second that Pooja and I co-author. Once again, we have been privileged to work alongside some of the greatest experts of this very community.
- Special thanks to our friend Kirsten Rourke for being such an thorough reviewer.
- Thanks to the 15 members of the Captivate community that have accepted to be featured at the end of each chapter
- Thanks to Allen_Partridge for authoring such a nice foreword
The community has always been at the heart of the “Mastering Adobe Captivate” series, and this fifth edition makes no exception!
In this last edition, we have included the latest features of Adobe Captivate 2019. There is for example an entire chapter on Virtual Reality projects as well as a new section about Interactive Videos in the chapter on Interactivity. The chapter on Responsive Project has been upgraded to include the latest enhancements of the Fuild Box 2.0 of Adobe Captivate 2019.
We have also removed a few sections about legacy objects that are not supported in Flash. Since the Flash player will cease to be supported next year, we thought it was time to remove these objects from the book. For example, we have removed the sections on Text Animation, Rollover Captions, Rollover Images, etc.. We have also updated the exercise files accordingly.
So after 5 month of hard work, we are very proud to have come up with the most comprehensive book ever on Adobe Captivate.
Who this book is for?
- If you are a Captivate newbie, this book will teach you the features of Adobe Captivate in a friendly step-by-step manner.
- If you are a Captivate expert, you can use this book as a reference book. The chapters are designed to be self-contained, so you can skip the chapters you already know about and read the book in any order you want!
- If you are a Captivate Instructor, you can use this book as your courseware. The chapters propose a logical step-by-step approach and you can download the sample files to teach a flawless and comprehensive Captivate class to your students!
What is the content of the book?
The book is divided in the following 15 chapters
- Getting Started with Adobe Captivate 2019
- Working with Standard Objects
- Working with Multimedia
- Working with the Timeline and Other Useful Tools
- Developing Interactivity
- Crafting the Graphical Experience with Styles and Themes
- Working with Quizzes
- Capturing Onscreen Action
- Producing a Video Demo
- Creating a Responsive Project
- Creating Virtual Reality Projects
- Using Captivate with Other Applications
- Creating Accessible eLearning
- Variables and Advanced Actions
- Finishing Touches and Publishing
How can you grab your copy?
You can get the book online from various channels including
The book is available in various formats including eBook (PDF, Mobi, ePub, Amazon Kindle, etc.) and print copy.
How can you help?
Your help and feedback is always welcome and appreciated
- If you have read the book, don’t hesitate to drop us a line about what you liked / disliked. This will help us come up with the next edition.
- Your review on Amazon is also very much appreciated
- and don’t hesitate to contact us should you have any question about the book!
All in all, we are very proud of this achievement. We are confident that this new book will help people Master Adobe Captivate and build incredible eLearning modules with one of the best authoring tools around!
The post New Book – Mastering Adobe Captivate 2019 appeared first on eLearning.