Hi all. I’m hoping someone knows what is happening here. As the title of this question reads, I’m trying to understand why I can only move/re-sequence some of my Content Master Slides. I’m using Cp2019, started fresh by updating all my Global Preferences and object styles, then used the default Blank theme to begin developing my project (I saved this as a new theme name). I’ve created a number of Content Master Slides, but I can only move a few of them (the first four to be exact).
Has anyone encountered this or know of something I can check to make it so I can rearrange freely them? I can copy and paste them anywhere, and I can also start at any of the slides and create a new master slide immediately after – just can’t move them around.
Any info is helpful.
The post Why can I only rearrange the sequence of some of my master slides? appeared first on eLearning.
Hello! I tried asking this question early in the week, but for some reason it did not post. Here’s attempt number two…
Our team shares a cptx file that we use as a course “template” – it’s not a Captivate template file type, however. Any time we go to create a new course, we pull this common cptx from our controlled documents library, paste in our new slides, author the simulations, etc., and then publish the file. (We create solely software simulations.) We add in scored interactive items (usually click boxes) toward the end of each individual assessment simulation, and we publish these as SCORM packages for upload to our LMS. Note: Sometimes clients will need these for their own LMS as well. Historically, we’ve published as SWF, but are moving to HTML5 only very soon (not that this is super relevant to the question – just trying to paint the picture of what we do).
My question is around the publishing part. Within the Quiz Settings, if you click Configure the Manifest dialog is displayed. I’m wondering, is it generally best practice to edit the information found in these fields? I’m attaching a snip for reference:
We typically have not edited this information (Course Identifier, Course Title, SCO Identifier, SCO Title). Is there any specific reason why we should (or should not) modify this information?
Any info is helpful. Thanks!
The post Should I Edit Course and SCO Identifier and Title? appeared first on eLearning.
Hoping someone can shed some light on this issue. We are using CP9, updated to most recent version, trying to publish software simulations in HTML5 output only. These are simulations for clients to complete on desktop devices, not mobile.
Below is the typical setup:
Using screen captures as backgrounds, we use the following objects on most slides.
- Single Click Box over the correct click location. Set to Go to the Next Slide on success, 3 attempts allowed, Continue on Final Attempt. Click Boxes are not included in quiz reporting for most slides.
- Just after the click box on the Timeline, we have a Smart Shape used as a button, which we use as a “step failure modal” – so if the user does not make the correct click in 3 tries the fail modal is displayed. User clicks the popup (fail modal) > slide continues forward > then we show mouse movement of the correct action. Project moves to the next slide. Object arrangement can be seen below:
Issue: This has always worked for us as we’ve traditionally published as SWF output. As we’ve tried to move to HTML5 only, we have found that if the use reaches the final attempt prior to the Pause Point set by the click box, the slide will hang at that point instead of moving beyond it to the step failure modal. If we wait until the slide reaches the Pause Point of the click box, and then make the final click, the slide will advance correctly. I should note our standard process is to provide text-to-speech at the slide audio level, which is why we extend the click box out so far. In some slides, this may extend out 20 seconds or more before the pause point.
**Question: Does anyone know why this happens in HTML5 only? Any input is helpful.
One workaround I’ve found is, we can add the audio directly to the click box. This enables us to shorten the click box to something like 2 or 3 seconds, which means the user is unlikely to use up all their attempts in this amount of time. But, to do this we must first generate the text-to-speech audio clip and then attach it to the click box. Editing the audio then also becomes an issue. This works for our purposes, but is not ideal, so I’m wondering if anyone has a better suggestion. I’m happy to share more detail, if it helps.
The post HTML5 only issue: Playhead won’t move beyond Click Box Pause Point if Final Attempt reached prior to Pause Point appeared first on eLearning.